Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done."

Thanks to the 5 shots of espresso I had earlier (seriously) I'm not at all tired so updating about my on campus interview fiasco seemed like a good idea.

In the past 12 hours I have:

  • Made a scene in the Career Services Office 11 times (literally I don't think I can go back in there anymore):
  1. Apologized for being a slacker and not reading e-mails
  2. Had to have them explain to me how the whole OCI process works
  3. Flipped when I thought I had to go to Ann Arbor to get transcripts today and then bring them back to them
  4. Almost cried when I didn't think I'd be able to make this bid period deadline
  5. Was told to go sit down and wait twice since I was so lost and they needed to help people with small problems first
  6. Freaked about not knowing my e-attorney password that was e-mailed to me in January
  7. Flipped out that e-attorney wasn't working right
  8. Got all dramatic about how the scanner "hates me"
  9. Got all excited when I found out I didn't need to use the scanner
  10. Begged the dean to bum me a cigarette since I was out and as previously stated-flipping the f*ck out
  • Got my transcripts, converted them to word documents and uploaded them to e-attorney
  • Got a rough version of my resume started
  • Cut my Appellate Brief from 35 pages to 16 (to be fair it had been triple spaced with 1.25'' margins so it's not like I really did much)
  • Revised my Appellate Brief into a KICK ASS writing sample

All I have left to do is:

  • Finish my resume (not such a small task since I'm being OCD about it)
  • Research employers to figure out which ones I want to bid on
  • Hope that top 10% preferred really does mean preferred

Wish me luck kiddies! Apparently slacking and being clueless isn't the worst thing in the world since it looks like I'm going to get all this done.

No comments: