Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"I got to say it was a good day."

I did really well in my mock dep for pretrial today. I was the only person who was able to turn around the hostile witness, which in turn allowed me to get a lot more information. Then again, these are law students, the majority of which are law reviewers,1 who "lack social skills" so I guess I'm not really surprised that they were unable to be congenial.

My favorite part was when one of them asked the witness if they'd ever put meat in their toaster. Classic.

While it was cool that I did well and people noticed, I was rather put off that they were all whispering about how I was doing as I was taking the deposition. I was also annoyed that they seemed semi-surprised by it. Just because I don't choose to memorize the U.C.C. doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

1I'm referencing these particular law reviewers, since I personally know them and know they lack some social skills, not all law reviewers in general. Plus as we all know most law students lack social skills anyway so it most likely had nothing to do with them being law reviewers, I just wanted to point out I did better than then did.

No comments: