Friday, August 17, 2007

I Need to be Able to Afford an Apartment.

When did the Swiffer become a substitute for a sponge and a little elbow grease?

It seriously drives me insane when I ask for something to clean up a spill with and someone either directs me to or brings me a swiffer. They are clumsy and move in jerky patterns across any sort of tile (which correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the surface they were designed to be used on).

Yes, I do technically have "better" things to do than blog about cleaning products on Friday night. But I chose to stay home with the baby, which resulted in him finding an old bag of onions (do not even ask), which led to the floor needing to be cleaned, which led to me asking for something "to scrub the floor with", which led to my Mother bringing me a swiffer to use in an foot wide area under a stand in the kitchen, which led to me bitching about how there was NO possible way to even manipulate the swiffer within the space and how crappy swiffers are in general, which led to a pissed off post after 9 p.m. on a Friday rampant with run on sentences about cleaning products. This all also led to a fight with my father about me leaving a sponge out (when he wouldn't so much as get off his ass and get me paper towel so I could dry the area I scrubbed on my hands and knees)-which I could not get up to get since I was attempting to keep the baby away from the bleachy floor.

Also, why was I told that I didn't need to cook dinner tonight since "they were", yet we have yet to eat and dinner is just now going into the oven. So at best we they will eat at 10:00 p.m. and I will go hungry since I cannot eat this late at night.

No comments: