Monday, January 9, 2006

Rant #56,438

Traditionally I like going to law school in the city. While unfortunately I don't feel comfortable enough with my numchuck skills to live in the city by myself I like coming down here for the most part. I get pissed at all the negative press regarding the city and am one of the first people to come to it's defense. I realized today that the reason I tend to like the city is most likely because when I come down here I'm traditionally in the protected sphere of the law school or my office. (Read: Limited interaction with weirdos). Today I have been hassled for cigarettes more times then I can count and for added fun some guy tried to get me to buy his CD. I had my money on it being blank, and plus I would probably not like it anyway...Needless to say I did not buy it.

As if that wasn't charming enough I was also recently confronted with the ghetto-ness of my school. While going to my safety school had it it's perks, for instance I don't have to read my books and thereby cause them to fall apart, today one of the major faults became apparent. Communication with students has never really been a strong suit for my school. I honestly have no idea what courses will fulfill my upper level writing requirement, and I really don't know where to go to find out. So my evidence class is being taught by a judge, and as such he's not a full time faculty member. I found this out when I went to see if there was a course website yet, which I'm assuming there is not since he does not even have an e-mail address provided by the school. As if giving part time faculty e-mail would be that big of a hassle, it's not like it costs the school any extra money...Seriously, WTF is that!?!?!?

So, I show up to my evidence class. And nobody is there. Which makes me feel really good since I had my previous class in that room and I'd left all my stuff (Laptop, Purse, iPod, $50 Cash, books, car keys) and when I returned the room was completely empty. Super. Fucking. Awesome. So I presume it's my mistake, I go grab my schedule...No, I'm right, it's in here. I go check the room changes list...Nothing. As I walk back in I notice a sign posted on the door (about waist high (not eye level which would make sense) stating that evidence had been cancelled. Normally this would be a good thing, but I scheduled dinner with a friend I can't get ahold of them to cancel so I'm stuck here, blogging. Additionally, I just checked my e-mail to make sure I hadn't missed one regarding the cancellation, and big surprise since my Prof doesn't have school e-mail, nothing. But what really pisses me off is there was also nothing from the registrar. Fucking Ricockulous. (Yes that is a word, leave me alone you asshole).