Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's official...

I have THE MOST unhealthy relationships with men in the history of the world.

I'd like to thank my father for our extremely disfunctional relationship setting the standard for the fucked up relationships with all other men.

It wouldn't be SO depressing if I had any idea how to stop it. But, at the age of 22 it seems that I'm just destined to have unhealthy relationships with men for the rest of my life. Sometimes it's because I pick the wrong men, sometimes it's because I'm not honest with them, sometimes it's just not meant to ever work out, sometimes I drive them away, and sometimes it's a combination of 2 or more of these elements.

I've really begun to think I mess up relationships on purpose so I don't have to actually get close to anyone.

If only I hadn't quit seeing my shrink because "she annoyed me" and "wanted to talk about my negative features too much." I'm sure she'd tell me I do sabotage relationships as a way to keep myself at a distance, in an attempt to assure I don't get too emotionally attached or hurt-but what the hell does she know?

No comments: