Monday, November 21, 2005

"Don't you sometimes, Wish your Heart was a Heart of Stone?"

For as much shit as I talked about Ohio I suppose I should acknowledge Saturday's loss somewhere other then the comments.

I'm simply heartbroken. The last time Michigan won I had tickets (I was a student) but wasn't able to attend the game since I was on crutches. I watched the game on the TV in my room (I wasn't old enough to go to the bars and I didn't have the requisite ID at the time), my house was about a 1/4 mile from the stadium so I could hear everyone going nuts. I just sat in bed and wanted to cry since I couldn't be there. Instead I spent the money I got from selling my ticket on alcohol and most likely some of "nature's finest" (that was pretty standard in those days), my friend stopped by after the game and it ended up being a great day.

Sadness was the general tone from Saturday. I watched the game by myself again, and while I actually really like watching football alone since I can yell and scream and not worry about not being lady like it's still kinda sad when they loose. It was a great game, but when I read articles that talk about our bowl bid and they do not seem to reference a game that is played on New Year's Day I get pretty depressed.

Had Carpenter been in I doubt the game would have been as close, of course Hart not being in during the 2nd 1/2 didn't exactly help Michigan either so whatever. Injuries happen, they are part of the game and blaming losses on them is lame since in the end it usually comes down to which team is healthiest. Thus far while I'm impressed with Hart's running I'm not impressed with his "attendance" if you will-let's just say he's no Brett Favre.

Am I calling for Carr's head? Ehh, I don't really know if that is the problem. I think the defense has improved vastly from last year, but then again, Jim Herrmann is the man. I'm also pumped to see that Sam Sword is working with the outside linebackers, I've held a special place in my heart for him ever since 1997. It's the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach that I'm not too sure about (I f*cking hate that stupid screen pass we run all the d*mn time that works maybe 2 out of every 10 tries-if you've watched a Michigan game you know the one-where we throw the ball to the sidelines at the line of scrimmage and then the guy who catches it always get knocked out of bounds and never gets any yards...yeah that one).

So that's my thoughts on the whole thing, random, I know. But really, have you come to expect anything different from me?

No comments: