Sunday, November 27, 2005

Elle Woods Presents the First "Sexist Asshole of the Week" Award

...Which is given, ohh not necessarily given every week, given only when there's a worthy somebody.*

Today I got an e-mail, which turned out to be quite the gem.


It is rare for a woman to make me laugh. I like your blog so I blogrolled you.

If you have some time to kill, my blog is

http://meatheadedlibertarian.blogspot.com/

Tell your uncle to keep up the good work.

- Matt

So I took the time to check out his site, since I thought maybe he was joking about being a misogynist. But, ohh, he was not. Of course, I suppose it was rather dumb of me to think anyone who is a self described meathead was joking about being sexist.

Here are a few select gems:



  • "If the nanny raises the kids, what purpose does the wife serve?" [Link]
  • "There are downsides to having a penis. For instance, if I want to go left and my penis tells me to go right... I'm going right. It is not unlike slavery and women are lucky to be free of the burden." [Link]
  • This post is priceless, yeah we know you don't get women, we're smarter and more complex then you and since you don't get us you choose to hate us instead.
  • "I'd take work as a sperm donor and an assassin. Because my seed needs to be planted in as many women as possible and a whole lot of people would be better off dead." [Link]
  • "There is no doubt in my mind that property owners should own guns. It is especially important when there aren't men in the house." [Link]
  • "At $9.99 for a six-pack, it is a pricey beer. But a six-pack of other beers will not get you 'pissed myself drunk.'" [Link]
  • "So this broad was donging..." [Link]
  • If a tortoise can do it; I am sure that as humans progress, we will eventually be able to achieve higher and higher average lifespans. This is not an unrealistic expectation... there were many people that said humans would never fly. And they were obviously wrong. [Link]
  • "When it comes to finding happiness, some womyn have deferred success because of their intrinsic aptitude. Maybe they need to take a thought shower. If their success is further deferred, they can always try being a waitron." [Link]
  • "THE INCOME TAX IS AN OBVIOUS VIOLATION OF THE 4TH AMMENDMENT" [Link] (Misspelling his, not mine)
After I checked out his site I sent him an e-mail saying notifying him of his award and told him he didn't need to do me any favors by linking to me.

UPDATE: I received a reply e-mail which stated "if you are offended... I don't care. I'm keeping you on my blogroll regardless." Ohh, and like most sexist pigs, he's proud of his title and wanted a plaque. Unfortunately we're short on funds here because I don't have a paypal donate button like he does so I just had to make him a certificate, which can be found under this post.

*Bonus points if you got the Lebowski reference.

16 comments:

Bender said...

"Oh please please. That is the key to the city of Pasadena which Mr. Lewbowski received two years ago in recognition of his various civic, uh...oh...thats the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce business achiever award which is given oh not neccesarily given every year...given only when there's a worthy...somebody"

Anonymous said...

but do I get a plaque?

Anonymous said...

and thank you for making me aware of my spelling mistake. You are quite useful as an editor.

Elle Woods said...

Bender-Mark it 8.

Penvx-There isn't a plaque, but your certificate can be found under this post.

NDC-Hot picture, and your pie is cooling off but it should ready shortly.

Anonymous said...

You are going to get a big bump in traffic here in a minute.

Anonymous said...

sexist libertarian is cute - but would he bottom for an angry gay law student on his way to a job in corporate BigLaw?

i wouldn't bottom for him - he looks like he needs to know the love of a good man.

Anonymous said...

Remember though: "You're not gay if you don't push back."

Anonymous said...

I don't mind that your gay, but I don't think I'd ever dong a lawyer.

tobi said...

Hey it's bad to make fun of mispellings and retarded people.

Elle Woods said...

1-He's not cute, but he might bottom for you since you're angry and I'm pretty sure he is too.
2-Looks like I only have 18 months to let the Sexist of the Week "Dong" me before I become a Lawyer, I better get on that. (Literally and Figuratively).
3-Thanks for the compliment dreamer! Usage of the word fab gets you double points!
4-It's "M-I-S-S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G-S" for future reference, but I need to stop editing, NDC wants me to bake him another pie.

Anonymous said...

I'm not angry at all. I'm emotionless. Now violent... I am that.

Elle Woods said...

Alex-That is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt and checked out his site. Trust me, he's a sexist and damn proud of it. Let's also not forget his continued reference to women as "broads" (Yours truly included) and general mysogenist attitude on his site.

Anonymous said...

Elle be honest. I told you through email that I thought women were complimentary to men and visa versa.

The concept of equality is the height of retardation.

Anonymous said...

and furthermore... if you (any of you) are dating a man who is your equal... I pity you. You must be bored beyond belief.

Elle Woods said...

Penxv-I had to scan through my e-mail to make sure I was right but nowhere in any e-mail do I see mention of my feelings that men and women are complimentary to eachother.

Are men and women different biologically? Yes, to argue differently would clearly be ridiculous. However, the manner in which the differences beyond things like men having a stronger upper body then women are a matter of social conditioning in my opinion and gender roles (particular women) are forced to adhere to.

Where I to choose to get into a ring and have my head beaten against the ground 99% of people would think I'm insane. However, you do it and it's understandable (to some, I still think it's insane).

While I don't appreciate you promoting my blog on discussion forums without my consent first I was willing to over look it. However, accusing me, on my own blog of saying things that I never in fact said is starting to piss me off. Particularly when you don't even have the balls to allow my comments to be posted on your site, despite your praise for the first 10 Amendments (I really love how you think the 4th Amendments prohibition of unreasonable search and seizure applies to income tax by the way-INSANE).

But then again, how serious can I take someone when I'm pretty sure given the opprotunity they'd repeal the 19th Amendment.

Anonymous said...

I know this is waaay delayed..... but you go, Elle Woods!