Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005: A Year in Review

While I still can't believe Christmas has come and gone New Year's Day is fast approaching and I got to thinking about all the events of this year. This is by no means a complete list, it's just stuff that came to me off the top of my head.

The Good:

  • I have a much healthier outlook on law school this year...Meaning, I realize it doesn't matter and all I have to do is pass.
  • I met a great guy who I really like and who really likes me despite my faults.
  • The Gay Husband and I talk more then we did last year despite being much further apart.
  • I got a job in the legal field with future employment potential.
  • I feel good about exams despite missing a month of school.
  • I've been getting along better with my dad.
  • My dad's dad was hospitalized twice this year but seems to be doing better.
  • My mom's dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, but it was caught early and the outlook is as good as can be expected all things considered.
  • I started a blog.
  • I'm finally understanding HTML...On my good days. Stop Laughing.
  • My best friends moved home from college and I got to spend a ton of time with them.
  • I finally really understand just how kick ass Ipod's are (yes, I know I'm shallow for putting this here but I seriously am in love with mine).
  • I stopped biting my nails.
  • People started reading my blog.
  • I'm not depressed for the first time in a long time.
  • My brother is finally back on the boards after his ACL replacement.
  • I got addicted to and then subsequently weened myself off of reading Gossip Blogs.
  • I found the best diet in the world-mono.
  • I got a fish.
    • The Bad:
    • The Gay Husband moved away.
    • I got mono, and trust me, it isn't all loosing weight and laying in bed as it might seem.
    • My Uncle is causing a lot of stress for my family.
    • I've coped with all the shit my uncle has been pulling and realize he will most likely die as a result of it.
    • My job requires insane amounts of work considering I'm in school.
    • I went through a really bad depression last spring.
    • I was stalked.
    • My friend is moving to California in less then a week and most likely will never move back.
    • Paris Hilton is still famous for being rich and a whore.
      • And the Ugly:
      • Michigan Football. They seemed to be improving at the end of the season, and while the play during the bowl game was above average for them this year they still didn't win. I've been a fan all my life and I'm not about to jump ship but this is getting depressing.

      • All and all, probably one of the best years of my life.

          No comments: