Thursday, December 29, 2005

Bueller? Bueller?

I'm thinking about going to Haloscan for comments since I'm sick of having to type in those damn letters and fucking them up and then having to do it again, plus, when I want to answer people being able to link back to comments seems like it would be cool.

Anyway, in the spirit of my readers helping me figure out techology (using the Ipod as a removable disk worked swimmingly-thank you!) I was wondering if anyone (I'm looking at you E-Spat and Law and Alcoholism) could offer pros and cons and a bit of insight as to how it works since I'm HTML-impaired. I'm assuming there is some code pasting going on and that you disable comments in blogger, but what do I know? Not a damn thing.

UPDATE #1: I switched to Haloscan myself, however, I seem to be awesome and have lost all previous comments. I'm kinda saddened, but I'm sure I will get over it.

UPDATE #2: It appears the old comments are not so much "gone" as "inaccessable" via the haloscan link, gee, I feel so much better knowing they're not gone. However, for future reference Haloscan, "Known Issues" should be filed under "T" for "Things that should have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY."* I don't think it's really loosing the comments that bothers me so much as when you look at my archives it appears that nobody ever had anything to say about my writing. I suppose I could manually disable comments on those posts so it doesn't look so sad, but first off I have over 300 posts so getting to the oldest would be a pain in the ass and secondly I like to pretend as if I have some sort of life so that isn't happening.

UPDATE #3: Apparently Haloscan really secretly hates comments and doesn't really want them to show up, since only the most recent 100 will show up in the future**...I also wasn't smart enough to copy the code I took out of my blogger template and I'm too lazy to go find it so looks like we're going with Haloscan. Bob Dylan said it best when he said "When you ain't got nothin' you got nothin' to loose."

*Yes, I suppose I could have read up on it before I changed my template.
** And yes, I suppose I could have read up on that as well.

No comments: