Friday, December 16, 2005

"C-M-T Make You Drop it Like it's Hot"*

One of my best friends from undergrad and I essentially invented the art that is procrastinating. For purposes of this post she shall be refered to as C-M-T (Country Music Television...HA! If you only knew how much more appropriate the title of this post is with regard to her music appreciation you'd be laughing to...Or maybe I'm just cracked out on little to no sleep and I think it's super funny; yeah, let's go with option 2). WTF was I even talking about. Doesn't it make you feel good about I'm about to drive? Yeah, I thought so.

C-M-T and I have since moved our seperate ways, she attends Law School thousands of miles from where I do, however, nothing had changed about either one of our study habits.

Wednesday night we were reflecting on why it is we always wait to the last minute when it comes to papers, exams and studying and why we have yet to learn our lesson. The general consesus was that we never fail anything or really even do that poorly so why fix what ain't (yes, I just said ain't) broken. Or as C-M-T put it, "Procrastinating until the absolute deadline and still dominating since 1987 (when we started kindergarten)...Ohh wait, since 1988 for you boo."

By Thursday night, however, when I still had yet to start studying C-M-T cracked the whip on me as only she can and threatened me with the fake children we made up to go along with our fake marriage that we made up as a result of getting "The Couple's Special" at the movie theatre once. We ran with it since it annoyed one of my roommates. (Yeah, go back and read that one more time. Ok, I know this post just took a turn to weirdoville but cut me some slack I slept like 3 hours. If any of you even got the fake children/fake marriage sentence good for you, if not, moving on.) All that had to be said was "just fucking start doing it before I beat your ass and lock the kids in the basement." With that I pulled out a legal pad and got out to outlining.

What's the point of this post? I wanted to thank C-M-T for laying down the law with me. She was there when I pulled my first all nighter ever in undergrad (and was probably the reason I'd dicked around and gotten behind). And she's still helping me through them thousands of miles away. I'd also like to thank the Academy, the Gay Husband for keeping me sane during the whole process and for watching movies with me via AIM, the readers of this blog who supported me and offered encouraging words as well as welcome distractions, the employee at Starbucks who gave me free extra shots of espresso, and my parents for not instilling in me a strong work ethic (just kidding, I do have a strong work ethic but I just like to wait until the last possible second). Without all of you none of this ever would have been possible (as I might have had to start before the 11th hour without all the welcome distractions).

*This might be the greatest Blog Post Title in the History of Blog Title Posts, but sadly 99.9% of you will not get it.

3 comments:

Phrontist said...

yea, i'm not sure i'm exactly where you were when you wrote that title, but it IS damn good... anytime you conjure up Snoop and fine ass Pharrell in my mind, it's all good with me :)

Anonymous said...

HUNNY! This blog entry killed me. For all of you out there, I am CMT...those are my initials which is unfortunate since i fucking hate most country music but i digress...i would just like to inform everyone that no matter how bad Elle Woods procrastinates she always gets her stuff done and gets good grades. Hunny, isnt it funny how we always talk about being slackers but yet you graduated undergrad a whole year early and we're both in freakin LAW SCHOOL?? I think thats pretty awesome despite the fact that law school makes me want to get violent sometimes b/c its so lame and burdensome at times, but still. WE ROCK and I know you dominated (or are continuing to dominate since its not due until 4 which means you still have about two hours to work on your take home and im sure youre working until the last minute) all your finals. Congrats on being practically halfway done on your journey to becoming a Juris Doctor....hahaha these two assholes who used to empty out half of their Boones Farm wine bottles and fill them back up half way with VODKA and call to order late night snacks and proceed to laugh hardcore at the Pizza House guy on the phone for about 10 minutes are going to have LAW DEGREES and the word DOCTOR after their name...HAHAHAHAHA I love it! GOOD LUCK and I MISS YOU

Elle Woods said...

Not to correct you, but it's Juvenile.

Hunny-You will never respond to my crackedout post with a cracked out comment. Maybe tonight I can get the bar to serve me some boone's farm and vodka...Ok I'm out.