Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dear Random 1L,

I know law school seems like high school. Particularly 1L year when you have classes with the same 95 people all day long everyday. Legal writing is a welcome break where you only have to see 24 people who you see EVERY .SINGLE . DAY. However; despite the lockers, attendance policies, seating charts, and gossip; I assure you law school is not actually high school. Everyone here is mature of legal age and nobody really needs to be told what to do, particularly by some 1L who clearly is a little high strung. I write you this since apparently you did not understand that you have better things to be worrying about (like checking for your torts grade for the 87th time-don't worry, it isn't there, but you should check just to be on the safe side; or start outlining for finals, you should get a jump on it now before the Appellate Brief writing starts getting heavy and you get behind on it) then to tell me what I can and cannot do in the library. I had a stressful day at work and if I want to kick back, take off my shoes, put my feet up, enjoy a bottle of water and a cup of coffee, I sure as hell can. I don't need you threatening to go tell the librarian's on me for having a beverage in the library. And contrary to popular belief, there isn't a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" Policy in the library...Just as the 3L's who got caught hooking up in the stairwell last year. I really don't know what your deal was but I really suggest you seek professional help if what I was doing was that bothersome to you.

All My Love,
Elle Woods

P.S.-I could see you having a right to complain if I was doing this and my feet smelled, were ugly, or were not pedicured...However, that is not the case, so get over it.

P.P.S.-Never mess with people who wear business casual to law school on a daily basis. We have jobs (most likely at a law firm) and being that you'll never be in the top 10% (since you're wasting time all sorts of time you should be using to study trying to tell people what they can do in the library) you might want to gain some favor with us now.