Thursday, March 9, 2006

"I'm not going to do what everybody thinks I'm going to do and just flip out man!"

I had a horrible day at work yesterday, I spent the day looking at the most gruesome pictures I'd ever seen. I was actually looking forward to going to school, until I found out my Conflicts Professor was going over our midterms during class. I already knew I'd done really well and I'm not really the type of person who cares to go over an exam even if I don't do well, so essentially, I was there so I could sign the attendance sheet. In a whisper I told my seat mate I'd done really well on the exam and that I was very pleased, as a result the following occured1:

Gunner Chick2: COULD YOU PLEASE NOT DO THAT?!?!

Elle Woods: What are you talking about?

Gunner Chick: RUBBING IN HOW GREAT YOU DID!

Elle Woods: Sorry.

Professor: Is there a problem back there ladies?

Elle Woods: No, everything is fine.

Gunner Chick: Some people can't keep their scores to themselves.

Professor: Let's try to be sensitive of other people's feelings.

(Elle Woods thinking: What the fuck? Are we in Pre-School?)
...5 Minutes of evil stares from Gunner Chick follow. I then decided I'd already signed the attendance sheet and that I might as well just go back to work where I could actually use my time valuably. So I quietly packed up my things and went to leave. As I turned to walk out the door I looked at the Gunner Chick and in my sweetest, yet most passive aggressive voice possible I told her:
Sweetie you might consider toughening up a bit if you ever want to be a decent lawyer.
Was it immature, catty and bitchy? Certainly. Did it make me feel better to tell her off after what was undoubtably one of the most trying days I've ever been through at work? Of Course.

1 This is a loose re-creation in the interest of my anonminity. Don't go calling me the James Frey of Law Student Bloggers, you got your damn disclaimer.

2 It's worth mentioning that this girl literally argued every question (until I left at least) with the Professor telling him he worded it poorly.

No comments: