Saturday, April 15, 2006

Over Lunch Friday with an Associate in his 30's who went to my school:

Elle Woods: Apparently they're tearing down the classroom building. Dean [Blank] wants to get wireless in the classrooms, but now I'm doubting they'll do it before the new building is put in. Meaning I will have to endure another year of not being able to IM and check my e-mail in class.

Associate: Wireless? Wouldn't students just not pay attention in class?

Elle Woods: How old are you? We don't pay attention now between Solitaire, Minesweeper, Free Cell, Spider Solitaire and Text Twist. The A.D.D. generation is not known for their ability to focus on Judge Learned Hand. At least then we'd be able to look up cases we haven't read.

Associate: You make me feel so old.

Elle Woods: It's only because you are.

No comments: