Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Light at the End of the Tunnel

When I started law school I was a fresh faced 21 year old who felt like a 5 year old in her mother's dress and shoes. Terrified to be exposed as the young kid I was to all my classmates.

When last years crop of 1L's came in I realized I'd had nothing to worry about the previous fall. I looked about the same age as most of them (granted by this stage in the game I was in fact the same age as most of them).

Then this years crop of 1L's showed their eager faces. No dark circles. No vacant looks of dispair. A certain bounce in their step long lost to any 3L. Cute and comfortable dress rather than the business casual most 3Ls are forced to don in the name of employment. This year I realized I'm ready to be a lawyer, and it was the first time I've felt good in the law school building in a long time.

1 comment:

some guy said...

If you're like me, you're also really, really, really ready for that steady paycheck.