Thursday, November 16, 2006

Reason #87,007 I HATE Law School

I'm sure I've written before about how law school really ruins watching a lot of TV shows without having my internal monologue (read: voices in my head) start yelling "No, that isn't how it's done...UGGG! You are son wrong. Friggin' Idiot!"

Just in the last week I freaked out when:

1. Watching an episode of Dawson's Creek. Dawson's father had died and had forgotten to sign the codicile which added Dawson's infant sister Lily to the trust. Dawson freaked out and used this failure to sign the codicile as a way to be mad at his father since he didn't want to be mad at him for the fight they had immediate before the death of his father.

  • My thoughts: I'm sure Massachusetts has some sort of excluded child provision, calm down Dawson.

2. Watching an episode of What About Brian. Brian's friends were getting divorced and both (at the same time) tried to retain their friend to represent the both of them in their divorce. The "lawyer" friend advised them that they should "probably" seek separate counsel since these things can get messy.

  • My thoughts: It's rule #1 of avoiding conflicts not to represent the husband and wife in a divorce?

Way to go law school, ruining crappy television for me. I hate you.

1 comment:

Howie Awesome said...

did you delete my last comment? what the hell is wrong with you? that was the most interesting thing that's been posted on here in the last year