job unemployment related news: Today I met with the Career Services Counselor from my law school. I feel kinda better and kinda worse. Basically her message was:
- You probably won't get a job until you have passed the bar.
- Most 3Ls graduate without jobs.
- Of the graduates from last year who are "employed" a lot of them are working as law clerks.
- I am not the only one who wants to fly into a blind rage when people are optimistic.
- Since I live at home I should "volunteer"-this assumes that I don't have other bills.
- I can do "anything" with my law degree-but she was no better at giving me any more specifics than my mom is.
- Watching daytime television gets depressing after a period of time.