Thursday, June 28, 2007

Random Thoughts since I'm Too A.D.D. to Create an Actual Post

1). I didn't do questions yesterday since it took me almost 2 hours to get home (it's a 10 minute drive). The road in front of my neighborhood was closed due to a downed power line. By the time I got home at 6:30 (and I was disgusting and sweaty after standing on asphalt for 2 hours) I decided it would be better to just relax.

2). My phone is finally fixed. I ended up fixing it myself (while on the phone with Verizon). The problem might have been related to issues I had with the daylight savings B.S. (which I forgot about), which ended with me just setting my computer clock to a different time zone. So it was probably user error, not that I admitted this to Verizon. In my defense the phone hadn't had the patch installed as the store was supposed to, so there were elements they did need to fix.

3). BarBri Mock MBE is tomorrow. I think I would rather put my hand on a hot stove than take it. I am kinda interested in whether how much my score goes down when the questions are mixed.

4). I still haven't done any essays. I'm not the only one by any stretch of the imagination, but it is starting to worry me a little. However, now that I'm done working I'll be able to focus more on stuff like that.

5). Sunday I went to lunch with a friend (who I have known since I was 5 years old) who has expressed an interest in dating me. I thought I might be interested, but after thinking for about 2.5 seconds about how he's treated girlfriends in the past, how he used to have a thing for my (hotter) best friend (who we've also known since kindergarten), and about his position in life regarding his feelings about himself; I decided it would be a bad idea (insert diatribe about ruining the friendship). Anyway, said friend complains about his weight. A lot. Yet when we went to lunch he ordered a Monte Cristo.

Far be it for me to judge eating habits and weight loss but something tells me eating a ham/turkey sandwich with cheese which uses 3 pieces of French Toast as the "bread" and is then batter dipped and fried, served a sugary sauce, coleslaw and fries is the way to go about it. I might not be a nutritionist, but all my pants all falling off me because of my "bar exam diet" and I would say that is not the way to go about weight loss.

I don't know why I felt compelled to share that story, but I did, mainly since I have been baffled by it since it occurred. Additionally, I am trying not to complain about things that are within my control that I do nothing to change (or take affirmative actions to make worse), and that story kinda epitomizes it.

No comments: