Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Dog Blogging: Bad Dog Edition

I have a doll that I have had since I was 18 months old. She is named Cyndi Lauper, since Girls Just Wanna Have Fun was my jam when I was little (along with Jack and Diane and Papa Don't Preach). Cyndi has been to New York, California, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and Florida. She was originally a doll that peed when you gave her water, but she survived a hysterectomy due to incontinence issues. When I was 3 I refused to take a bath without her, as I shampooed her hair it caused a chemical reaction which resulted in Cyndi getting dreadlocks. She took it in stride and later converted to Rastafarianism. When I was in college Cyndi survived a kidnapping, only to be returned to me after the ransom (a pair of shoes) was delivered to her captor. This morning, Cyndi endured the worst horror of all. Being subjected to torture which would leave her a multiple amputee, while her mother slept blissfully by her side.

Her suspected torturer was later captured and awaits a trial. However, Police are certain of his guilt based on his ability to sleep after his arrest.

No comments: