Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Clueless

My clients have a tendency to drive me crazy. I do not really think that they mean to drive me crazy, it's just that a lot of them are crazy themselves, so I guess they do not know any better. Not to mention, they all seem to think that the are my only client, which is rather far from the reality.

A lot of times when they call I don't remember what the hell their case is about or who the hell they are until I'm 2-3 minutes into the call.

Plus, my predecessor seems to have been doing a very poor job of updating clients. Which wouldn't be such a big deal if I knew the details of the cases or what was going on, but I don't, so mostly I just make it up as I go along. Maybe that's why they call it "practicing" law.

1 comment:

some guy said...

I have that same problem where I can't remember what a case is about until a client (or colleague) has been talking about it for a couple of minutes. I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy or stupid. I think you just develop a better sense for the cases the longer you practice, especially as you start litigating cases from day one.