Sunday, July 31, 2005

R.I.P. Truman

I seriously had the most emotionally draining weekend of my life and maybe when I've gained some perspective on the issue and I'm a little more removed from it I'll be able to write about it but until then the best way I can put it is that the least depressing thing that happened to me this weekend was my bunny dying (it's not that I'm not extremely sad about it-it's that my weekend was just that bad). So I guess pictures of the cute little guy won't be forthcoming.

I'm going to be sappy and talk about Truman for a minute since I think he deserves it. Pets tend to my frowned upon in my family and so the most I could get anyone to agree to let me have was a bunny. He was adorable, he would hop up onto my bed while I was sitting reading and sit next to me...I'm really going to miss that.

I've been crying all weekend over Truman and all the other things that happened this weekend and I don't really see an end in sight to any of the problems so I'm probably going to be depressed for awhile.

By the way, the only thing that made me laugh this weekend was Wedding Crashers, while it's not a movie I would classify as "good" or "oscar quality" it's super funny. We all know about my love for Vince Vaughn so I won't ramble on, my my favorite quotes were:

  • Jeremy: Wow. Mr. Environmental is also a hunter. That's an interesting combination.
  • Zack: I hunt quail, Jeremy. They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grubworm population. You got a fucking problem with that?
  • Jeremy: Not as much as I do with your attire, or just your general point of view toward everybody here. But hey, lets go kill some birds. I'm psyched.

  • "Let's play a little game, just the tip, just to see how it feels."
  • "Mom! Meat loaf! Fuck!"
  • "Soft mattress? Maybe, or it could have been the midnight rape, or the nude gay art show. I had my sock, the one that I walked around in all day, played football, *sweated* in, stuffed in my mouth and duct taped in! I'm going to eat my breakfast over here. Don't talk to me."
  • "Todd, the painting was a gift and I'm keeping it."
  • "Why can't we hunt something cool like a hawk or an eagle, something with some talons?"

No comments: