Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Guys only want girlfriends who have great skills!

A talent of my mom's was mentioned by the Gay husband the other day...In case you don't feel like reading that particularly long post I'll tell you what it is. She can stand on her head and drink a beer*. Now, I only actually seen this trick performed once (albeit at a young and fragile age), but trust me-it's pretty impressive. It's definitely more showy then just doing a keg stand.

It got me thinking about "skills" I have, and whenever I do that I think about a conversation that I had with "The Dairy Queen"** in which we realized that in addition to my mom's cool trademark move, her mom's was putting her fist in her mouth.***

It was at this point in time that the dairy queen and I confessed to each other that we could both also fit our fists on our mouths****. That's right readers, my secret talent is being able to put my entire fist inside my mouth.

*For those of you who are interested in teaching yourself said trick, my lovely mother says the trick is drinking out of the wrong side of the glass. My mom also says it's a GREAT way to get someone to buy you a beer, since nobody believes you can actually do it they always take the bet. (This is also where my mother points out that it's a great way to pick up men and/or flash them by "innocently forgetting" to tuck in your shirt...Yeah, this is what I was working with people-it's a miracle I turned out as well as I did so let's not be too harsh when I do stupid stuff).

** My Best Girlfriend-I also have a "Tastey Treat" Nick-Name but it corresponds to my last name (her's does too-hence why it's so cool) so I am choosing not to divulge it here-but trust me, mine is EVEN cooler-so if you really want to know it e-mail me.

***This was also around when we realized we were doomed.

****To all the men out there who insist I show them this trick as soon as they hear I can do it: STOP! That is annoying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But I WOULD like to see that sometime.

Elle Woods said...

2 Appletini's and I'll show just about anyone.