Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Things people do in law school that piss me off...

1). People think they're smarter then Professor's and feel the need to try and show it off in class. I'm sure a lot of people are smarter then Law Professor's, but you probably are not in the subject they teach. When you've had multiple book deals you can act like an ass all you want.

I'm not for Professor worship or anything like that, but do people really think this does anything other then annoy the Professor and other students, while wasting class time. If I wanted to hear your opinion on something I'd probably talk to you after class.

2). My long ass breaks where all I do is:

  • Blog 8 times a day
  • Read blogs
  • Talk on AIM
  • Blare music on my headphones
All while uppidy law students stare at me as if I should be doing something more productive. Hey, someone has to fill the center of the curve-you should be nice to me and thankful I'm willing to take one for the team the way I do...Maybe next time you see me out skipping class you should buy me a drink-did you ever think of that?

3). The fact that my classrooms and the library are so cold I have to wear fingerless gloves and look like a friggin hunter or some stupid sh*t. Whatever, at least I have my pink ones on today.

4). People who don't know what the "MUTE" button on their laptop is.

5). People who talk on their phones in the MIDDLE of the library. Me blaring my headphones is one thing, and me taking an emergency call while in the middle of the books is another thing. I'm talking about the moron who is having a conversation at full volume in the middle of the area where people study. Seriously, if I can hear you over my headphones you are TOO loud. If I'm annoyed I'm surprised the uppidy students who glare at me haven't thrown anything at you yet.

UPDATE: Right after I posted this I walked out of the library and stopped in the court yard to have a cigarette and I realized one more thing (when I was directly confronted with it):

6). People who wear 2 back-packs, one on their back and then one on their chest. IT'S CALLED A BACK-PACK PEOPLE!!! Furthermore, I saw a girl doing this, does she KNOW how unflattering that is. I literally almost stopped her to tell her she takes law school WAY too seriously. She had 2 HUGE back-packs, both about to explode. I honestly do not know even know how she had THAT many books. She was probably carrying around her books for Winter semester-just in case she had any free time-so she could get ahead on the reading and outlining.

It's not like I don't carry 2 bags, I do. I, However, have a theory that there are only 3 acceptable ways to carry 2 bags:
  • Laptop case over the shoulder (i.e.-a messenger bag) and a tote bag for books (this is the approach I take)
  • Laptop case over the shoulder and a back-pack (ON YOUR BACK)
  • Back-Pack case for the laptop and a tote bag.
Notice how NONE of the acceptable methods include carrying 2 of the same type of bag (I'm looking at you kid who wears two over the shoulder bags in a giant X on his chest). Nor do any of the acceptable ways contain a rolly bag-they're annoying and loud-not to mention a pain in the ass on the stairs from what I can gather.

2 comments:

Elle Woods said...

That's why I love my family law prof she made an annoucement about how if you're going to come in late make sure you have turned off your volume or turn on your laptop in the hall!

RedHerring45 said...

My personal favorite is the rephrase guy (I say guy because I am thinking about a specific person).

Basically, he is like a parrot on a 30 second delay. He always raises his hand and then repeats what he was told 30 seconds ago thinking in his head that he has impressed everyone.

I guess the only thing that is worse are the people that sit next to me and think that the rephrase guy IS smart. What a joke...