Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Rant: Why There is no God*

Here's the thing, I'm a nice enough girl, albeit a bit self centered. But I do nice things for people without being asked, before I got insanely busy I used to do volunteer work tutoring underprivileged girls. I give to the homeless (usually in the form of money or cigarettes, but I also have been known to give them booze). I give blood to the Red Cross, money to organizations helping animals after Hurricane Katrina, most importantly I try on a daily basis to be a good person. I'd even been trying to curtail my cursing. I go to school in an attempt to enlighten and better myself, I work for some unknown reason. Sometimes I do bad things, but I always feel terrible afterwards and apologize.

Yet, despite all my efforts to be good bad things continue to happen to me. I've been sick for 10 days now, stuck at home for 7. I had been coping with that. Watching 5 movies yesterday was actually kinda fun. However, when the skunk sprayed my room last night at 9:30 I realized there is no god. The physics of this are really astounding, when I walk outside there is no detectable smell, yet my room is practically unbearable. I sprayed some air freshner, but now it just smells like a skunk sprayed a vanilla bush. I'm too stubburn to actually leave my room so despite that fact that I turned off my heater so it's freezing (the only thing worse then a room that smells like skunk is a room that smells like cooking a skunk), and the fact that I can't stand to breathe here I sit, blogging away; trying to figure out when the stench will go away.

*I didn't believe in god before this post so don't freak out and tell me something so unimportant as my room smelling isn't enough to prove there is no god. Additionally, please do not try to save my soul, as I already sold it for a decent grade in my Torts class.

No comments: