Monday, December 12, 2005

Low Point of My Law School Career

I recently noted the high point, so I thought it fitting to point out the low point as well.

Tonight my brother had his Football Team Banquet. He's a senior so even though I'd never gone before I thought it would be appropriate to attend. All the seniors give a speech and after his injury and surgery I really wanted to hear what he had to say.

Following the dinner the traditional format for an event such as this began; recognition of all the players individually, presentation of awards, senior speeches, recognition of coaches, recognition of parents.

After the dinner plates were cleared I pulled my Employment Discrimination Outline out of my purse and began reviewing as I waited for my brother to speak. At the end of the night one of my brother's friends father's who is an attorney came over and asked what class I had been studying for, as if it was not that odd that I had found it necessary to take my outline to such an event and use any spare time whatsoever to study.

No comments: