Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Networking

Anyone know how to send all the media files I have on my laptop to my desktop? I only have 5 gigs free on my laptop (and about 20 free on my desktop) so it would be better to use iTunes from there and not slow down my laptop. I'd ask my friend who fixed my SUPER shafted desktop but I feel bad after all the time he spent on this. I know I've done it before but I'm not sure how it works.

Additionally, I need to move everything in iTunes, which has weird encryption type things to help stop file sharing.

7 comments:

josh said...

well, if you use a web-based email account you could always email all the stuff to yourself, then download it on the other computer. this of course assumes both computers have internet access.

Elle Woods said...

Umm there is like 7 gigs worth of stuff, they're on the same network so that might be the way to go...Additionally, I'm not sure how file sharing and iTunes works.

Anonymous said...

The easiest way to move iTunes is using your iPod. If you save everything from iTunes on your laptop as a data file on your iPod, it'll let you transfer it to another computer. The instructions should have come with your laptop.

Anonymous said...

I mean the instructions should have come with your iPod.

Elle Woods said...

Anonymous if I can get this to work I will serioulsly love you forever.

Elle Woods said...

Anonymous if I can get this to work I will serioulsly love you forever.

Anonymous said...

if you already have all the songs on your computer also on your ipod, the simplest way may be just to install some software that will allow you to copy the ipod songs to a new computer. that way you don't have to mess with transferring everything to the ipod and then back again.

here are some windows programs:

(demo)http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/copygear.php

(shareware)http://www.sharewareconnection.com/copypod.htm

mac program:

http://www.crispsofties.com/i.i/index.html

also, for anything that you bought from itunes, you'll need to reauthorize those songs for your new computer (you just have to type in your password again).