Sunday, December 25, 2005

"Now is the time to stop putting Jeff's personal effects into Jell-O"

I got a 30 gig Video Ipod for Christmas from my parents (along with the traditional clothes and DVD's), which provided a welcome distraction today when the family was over. I sat in my favorite chair with my laptop in my lap and added over 800 songs from CDs that I already owned to iTunes (literally there was a stack of CDs 10'' high). I still kept up small talk but for the most part everyone who I didn't want to talk to left me alone (the people I do like knew I was doing it to keep people away from me and still talked to me). Apart from being an awesome present in and of itself the fact that this little wonder provided me with this invisible fence from my family makes it priceless in my humble opinion. Because of it's greatness and in the spirit of Christmas when itunes asked what I would like to name my Ipod I decided "Jesus" (using the Spanish pronunciation) would be good...Seriously, let's all hope I don't ever have children as who knows what their names would end up being. Ohh well, at least I'm better then my brother who named his Ipod "Token" (in case you were wondering-yes he got the black one), since that's not offensive at all.

In other Ipod related news my neighbors got my brother and I each $30 itunes gift cards and being that I have tons of music on my desktop (if it ever starts working again), tons of CDs, and lots of music on my laptop I decided to buy TV shows with it so I'd get to check out the video capabilities (which are 100 times better then I thought they'd be). Don't have cable but I've heard great things about The Office so I downloaded the first season and what has played so far this season. I've watched 2 episodes so far and it's seriously hilarious, I'd HIGHLY recommend it (additionally it's not like you wouldn't be able to figure it out if you just started tuning in).

3 comments:

tobi said...

hey, off topic question :
since you're a blog addict, do you play blogshares ?

another one for the readers :
is there anyone else but me who reads this blog since that dude posted it on sherdog ?

Elle Woods said...

I do not play blogshares. I draw the line at internet nation building games.

tobi said...

yeah... I'm probably too geeky, thanks for reminding me that

but who knows, if this website becomes popular there might be some money involved one day