Friday, December 2, 2005

"OK, so...so...sometimes I lie. I mean, I'm weird, man. About random stuff too, I don't even know why I do it. It's like...

it's like a tick, I mean sometimes I hear myself say something and think, Wow, that wasn't even remotely true."

To most of you this post won't make much sense, and some of you will think I'm finally coming clean. Anyway, I did something shady, and then like the super intelligent person that I am I did it again, because I'm the kid who touches the hot stove twice.

I'm bracing myself for total public embarassment and heavily considering calling my old shrink again since it's become painfully clear I have some major issues to work out.

4 comments:

NotCarrie said...

amen

tobi said...

This article is a paradox.

Anonymous said...

does this really count as coming clean or finally being honest with yourself? i mean it seems kind of like a half-assed admission, kind of makes your readers think you lie about everything. i'm just saying seems like you are still hiding who you really are and maybe that call to the shrink is a good idea.

Elle Woods said...

A little bit of both anonymous. Of course I'm hiding who I am, I'm "anonymous" here because my job demands it. Granted, based on your comment I'm rather sure you're one of 3 people but the irony of someone commenting anonymously saying that I'm hiding who I am is a little much for me.

Do I feel bad about what I did. Yes, I truly do. But there is no way to go back and change it and despite really wishing I had been smart enough not to do it again I wasn't so I can't change that either. All I can do is move on and hope for the best, learn my lesson this time, grow up a little, and try to be a better person in the future.