Thursday, December 29, 2005

"Would somebody get the kid a happy meal!"

This morning after a reader told me he was going to get McDonald's I was all "Ohh I'm up in time for breakfast there and not running late to work/school...I should go." So I left the house at 10:21, plenty of time to make it to the local McDonald's before breakfast ended at 10:30. I got there by 10:25, and of course the lady at the counter was taking forever (I decided to go inside since the drive-through line was like 3 cars long and I didn't want to get shafted out of having breakfast). The guy before me got to order breakfast, so I knew I was golden, plus the clock on the wall said it was 10:28.

As I the lady asked what I wanted some lady came out of the back and yelled "We're out of Hashbrowns! Breakfast is over!" and then turned a button which changed the board from breakfast to lunch. I let out a groan and the lady at the counter asked what was wrong. I explained that I wanted breakfast (I didn't explain how it's my guilty pleasure and how I don't really like any of their other food). She said she could get me fries instead. While I suppose it's a viable option is just seemed wrong to me. I wanted a hashbrown with my sausage biscuit. I then asked if the fries were ready, which of course, they were not. I then made the mistake of using logic in a McDonald's and asked if she could just put A SINGLE hashbrown into frier for me rather then fries. She looked at me with a look of shock and misunderstanding I have never seen on a human face. As if that were not only completely impossible but the most foolish thing ever to have asked for. She then asked if I wanted anything. On principle, I said no and walked out. I'm now wishing I'd gotten the damn breakfast sandwich alone.

2 comments:

E. McPan said...

That sucks. I like McDonald's breakfast. Where I used to live, there was actually a McD's that served breakfast until 11 a.m. It's the only one I ever found that did that, though. It was THE BEST.

Anonymous said...

The McDonald's in our town went out of business, not enough customers. Freakin' health nuts. I miss those breakfasts, now I have to drive 8 miles to find a Micky D's.