Thursday, January 5, 2006

"He said come on you dirty heck into that District Court."

Today I got to make my first venture to the District Court. Now, I should make clear that this court is the court that everyone HATES going to since they're so bad there and completely unhelpful. Why did I have to go there? To ask what was needed in a motion to extend a summons. In other words, my boss wanted me to experience said evil court but didn't want me to actually be doing anything important the first time I went there.

Additionally, I had already told my boss I had found a form on Westlaw and had drafted the motion. (This was the first motion I'd ever written and we don't have a sample since as a defense firm we never really have to serve people, let alone extend the summons, but my boss is doing a special favor...Whatever).

So I had to go to the District Court to find out what was needed in order to file the motion to extend (which I knew before I even went to the court) and to get a form (which I already had a better version of)...Clearly I was in a super good mood. Being sent to that court is bad enough, but being sent with no reason is just cruel and unusual punishment. I.LOVE.MY.JOB!

Ohh, By the way, the new ASSociate is still a moron and now he's f*cking with my billables so we're about to fight. More on that later.