Monday, January 2, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

I seriously am having issues with it being 2006. My little brother graduates high school this year and will most likely move across the country, plus I'll be turning 23. Granted I'm the youngest person in my 2L class and I have no right to complain but I always think about the conversation from Reality Bites between Lelaina and Troy:

Lelaina: I was really going to be something by the age of 23.
Troy: The only thing you have to be by the age of 23 is yourself.
Lelaina: Yeah, well, I'm not sure who that is anymore.
While I know I'm closer to being a person I'm happy with then I have ever been (a development which has come along in the last few months with the help of a lot of critical thinking and Effexor XR...Yes, I take medication for depression and anxiety and I would appreciate not getting any criticism Mr. Cruise). I'm still not the person I want to be, but I'm trying everyday to be that person, and really what more can you do?

So anyway, while in the past I've never really made New Year's Resolutions I thought given my efforts to turn over a new leaf this year would be a good year to start.
  1. Remain Nicotine free. While the occasional cigarette bummed at a bar is permissible the daily smoking needs to remain a thing of the past.
  2. Bill 100 hours a month. (I'm in the office a little under 26 hours a week so that would be impressive in my opinion).
  3. Make up for missed vacations by going on at least 3 this year. (Granted the ones I have in mind are all to visit loved ones who live in different states but trips to Wisconsin, Georgia, and Vegas still seem like a great idea...Bonus if my brother moves to Cali and I get to go out to L.A. in the Fall.)
  4. Attempt to limit the amount of Freecell I play in class. (Giving it up cold turkey would be far too drastic. Nicotine is one thing, freecell is a whole different level of addiction.)
  5. Start saving for BarBri as we all know it's the only way I'll pass the bar.
  6. Stop sleeping with professors for grades (BJ's and Handjobs are still ok though).1
  7. Make an effort to do the some reading for classes. HAHAHAHA! Yeah, I'm sure that will happen.
  8. Stop sleeping with men for Coach Bags. Louis Vuitton is still fair game though.2
  9. Decide what state I'm going to take the bar in.
  10. Stop caring so much about what others have to say.
1 If you honestly thing that was for real I'd like to remind you that I'm not on Law Review or the Journal, and I'm pretty damn sure if I was doing that for grades I would be.
2 Again people, joking...Please refrain from telling me I'm a dirrty skank since I'm not.