Thursday, January 26, 2006

Reader Poll

I'm wondering how many of you know (or knew before this post) what collar stays are?

The [ASSociate] came in today looking like crap (again) and my boss went nuts about the collar stays and how he needs to start ironing (of paying someone else to iron) his shirts. The best part was when I asked if I could go to a dep for a case I've been handling next week and then followed up with:

I know I need to have a suit on and have my hair straight and all that...So we don't need to have a conversation about it or anything. Ohh, and is it fine if I wear a suit with pink pink stripes, I wanted to check with you before I wore something that wasn't extremely conservative.
My boss just looked at me and said
Your hair is fine curly, and I know you know how to dress, I'm not worried about it. You're capable of acting like a grown up unlike some people that work here. I'm sure any suit you own will be completely acceptable, plus it's not like you don't wear pink 3 times a week so why would pinstripes be an issue?
Awesome, simply Awesome. Not only did I get called a "grown-up" I got told I know how to dress by a man that wears insanely expensive suits. Plus, I'd been saving it for a special occasion but now I finally get to wear my "Elle Woods" suit.