Thursday, January 12, 2006

Why I Love My Grandpa...

I come home after what was a stressful day to say the least. I'm telling my grandparents about how I cried after my boss basically told me I had to stay until whenever I finished my memos for him (that he told me about mid way through the day today) without regard for the fact that I had to be to my PR class since I'm only allowed 2 absences, tore me a new one over the motion I've been writing to save his ass because it wasn't filed yet when really his crazy process server has been refusing to give me the affidavit's I need, and then proceeded to berate me in front of a client and an expert for something that was not at all my fault. I know these are all small things but it added up and as I walked out of his office the tears welled up and suddenly I found myself in [Juan's] office sobbing, trying to ensure nobody else actually saw me cry. (This plan failed miserably when 2 partner's and the office manager walked in and saw me sobbing. The partner's made sure I was ok but were understandably hands off, the office manager and [Juan] were amazing at calming me down-However, I feel like a major ass for crying at work*).

So I'm explaining all this to my grandparents in even more detail and my grandpa looks at me and goes. Where do you work "Wine'em, Dine'em, Fuck'em and Dump'em?" I laugh and he goes, well "Screw him! NO WAIT DON'T SCREW HIM!!!"

On that note me and my newly purchased pink luggage are off to the airport for a much needed 4 day weekend in the warm southern climate.

*I feel like Tom Hanks is sitting on my shoulder wearing his uniform from A League of Their Own going "There's no crying at the firm!"