Sunday, February 26, 2006

Could I Be The Next Dianna L. Abdala?

I sent an e-mail to a Professor "explaining" my absence from class stating that I had the "flu" and that I should have listened to my mother and gotten a flu shot1.

I just got a e-mail back from my professor which I took as semi catty, telling me I should listen to my mother and that he was extremely happy to see I rebounded in time for my "on-call" day. Technically, it might not have been catty, but I really think that was his intent.

I had an e-mail response typed which basically consisted of "In actuality, I had mono during the timeframe in which I should have gotten a flu shot so I wasn't able to get one." Then I remembered Ms. Abdala and all the fuss her stupid e-mailing2 caused I decided it was probably better off not sent. Now I feel like some stupid movie of the week since I've "learned my lesson" and I'm going to "take the highroad."

1Anyone questioning the truthfulness of this e-mail might be onto something

2If you're one of 2 people in the legal profession who haven't seen it, send me an e-mail and I'll forward it to you.

No comments: