Sunday, February 26, 2006

I Joined Netflix...

and already I feel like that episode of Sex and the City where Miranda gets Tivo and becomes obsessed with it and freaks out when Magda accidentally sits on it and clears the memory and then falls in love with Steve even more because he fixes it for her after she spent a ton of time on the phone with the Tivo people trying to fix it.

I've rated 167 movies, have 377 recommendations and 279 things in my Queue (My logic was that if I went through and added basically everything I wanted to see then I could just tinker with it-since I'm too busy normally to pick out movies and whatnot-and make certain things come sooner, the flaw in this plan is that I've literally added about 3 years worth of viewing material.)1; anyway I think it's safe to say that I have in effect, joined a cult.

UPDATE: Apparently an intervention is being staged as my OCD is taking over my Netflix Queue-ing...

ElleWoods626: 330.

Boyfriend:
in your queue?

ElleWoods626:
yes

Boyfriend:
you have to stop

Boyfriend:
I can help you, babe

ElleWoods626:
i'm a person with feelings and all i have to do it what i want to do, and that is fill my netflix queue

Boyfriend:
I know you have feelings

Boyfriend:
we all have feelings

Boyfriend:
I have feelings for you

Boyfriend:
and I'm not going to let some wacky movie cult turn you into a pod woman
1Most of them are television shows so it's easy for them to add up when there are 6 disks to a season and you (like the OCD freak that you are) add all the seasons.

No comments: