Thursday, February 2, 2006

"I wanted to be the first to find a Golden Ticket, Daddy."

Scene: Verizon Wireless has just told me that my phone HAS to be activated under my dad's number and that because his phone isn't GPS enabled under federal law they can't reactivate his phone because 911 would not be able to track him were he unable to give his location.

Elle Woods: Apparently we need to go into Verizon together, my phone is broken so I guess I'll make an insurance claim on it and you can get a new phone too.

Dad: I'm working 14 hour days, I don't have time to go in.

Elle Woods: [Starts Crying-because apparently I'm a big crier now] As if you're the only one working 14 hour days. I leave the house at 6:45 in the morning and I'm lucky to be home by 9:15 at night. THEN I get to come home and start my homework, you get to go home and eat a nice homecooked meal and watch TV. Don't pull the 14 hours a day crap on me.

Dad: I'll see what I can do. When did you become so spoiled though?

Elle Woods: I paid for the phone and I'm going to pay for yours, how is that spoiled.

Dad: You expect me to drop everything.

Elle Woods: I do not, I just want it done on my time schedule since I'm free today. You're never free so what does it matter?

Dad: That still doesn't answer why you're so spoiled.

Elle Woods: Well your version of watching me was putting on Rainbow Brite while you napped and Mom never really said "No" to me, so I'd say that's how I got so spoiled.