Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Wednesday Wants to Know

It's Back!!! Week Two's Topic: Classroom etiquette, or lack thereof.

1) What is your favorite classroom distraction? Freecell (I've played over 2000 games since September...Keep in mind I missed a month of class and slept through about 2 weeks due to mono) and Text Twist (I have the downloaded version since my ghetto school does not have internet in the classrooms).

2) What is your classroom attendance/behavior policy? [This is a handy reference guide] NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER, take absences home in your pocket. I usually try to limit myself (if a class allows 4 I try to just use one a month) but that never works and so I usually just e-mail Professors when I know I'm going to miss with some lame excuse (no comments about my professional ethics people)...This way I can usually miss a fair amount of class and not have my grades harmed. Last semester was the best, I'd exhausted all my absences in all my classes and then I got mono and missed a month of school. (Ohh and I got my best grades in law school thus far). I didn't even hand in a doctor's note, I just told my Professors. I'm pretty sure profs who have attendance policies are just trying to appear to be hardasses or are trying to conform to ABA standards or some shit, but secretly, none of them really care about it.

3) What do you do if you have gotten called out by the professor and you are...
a) not prepared on the material for the day:
Pretend you're not there, bullshit an answer, or just pass (this option applies even if the Professor does not allow passing), stall, wait for a gunner to raise their hand.

b) not paying a bit of attention to the gaseous windbag in the front of the room:
Ask them to repeat the question, stall with some bullshit, make up an answer, wait for a gunner to raise their hand.

c) touching yourself?
Pretend you're not there or wait for a gunner to come help you.

As always, please Holla Back with your answers either in the comments or our your own blog (be kind and throw a link back so the trackback feature in our Haloscan gets some usage).