Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Wednesday Wants to Know

After a brief hiatus, it's back. Yes, it's the wee hours of Tuesday-but we wanted to give everyone sufficient time to answer. We know you all love this incarnation of the blog meme, so TheNambyPamby and I couldn't just stop. This week's topic is the sanity inducing life blood, coursing through the veins of bitter law students everywhere: Alcohol.

This week's trifecta:

Question 1

  • a). What's the best drink to aid you to make your mind an etch-a-sketch? Dry Gin Martini's; up, neat.
  • b). What will you sip/nurse/chug when you are in a social setting and you cannot appear to be a lush? Depends on the setting red wine or vodka/crans are a good way to go. I don't really know, since I usually look like a lush so I guess it doesn't matter. I try to generally avoid drinking at work functions since there is a really fine line between "tipsy" and "drunk" Elle and I don't want anyone I work with to see me cross it.
  • c). Some say you are being cultured, others say you are an alcoholic; when drinking alone, what is your poison of choice? Caucasians, or White Russians for those of you who don't speak "Lebowsk-ese"
Question 2
  • What has your drunk-ass done to embarass the shit out of yourself the most? Seriously there are just WAY too many to even try to narrow it down. Yeah, I know that probably means I "have a drinking problem" but screw you for judging me. I'll just link to a story The Dude just posted since it's hilarious and if anyone has more crazy drunk stories then me, it's him. Scratch that, he definitely does.
Question 3
  • In your best Thomas Crown impression, what is the best way to debonairly buy a person you are attracted to a drink? I've never bought a guy a drink outside of when I'm out with my guy friends and I feel compelled to buy a round of shots (read: I'm wasted), so I don't really have a "smooth" way to do it. As for guys buying drinks; I think when they ask if they can buy you one it's lame. Grow a set of balls and send a drink over to me.
As always, we invite you to join in the comments here, over at TheNambyPamby, or by posting it on your own blog [just be sure to give us the shout out1]. We are always accepting of topics and questions, if you have good ones please shoot us an e-mail.

1People had questions about "Trackback" before-if you link to the post itself and not just the blog Haloscan will magically put a link to your blog in the [Stalkers]/[Trackback] part of our blog depending on who you link to,

No comments: