Thursday, March 2, 2006

Good News, Semi-Bad News and Irrelevant News

The Good News:

Apparently [Hours] is hiring another Associate since the [ASSociate] is so incompetent. I'm not really sure what the fate of the [ASSociate] will be, and honestly, I don't care. The new Associate he's hiring is someone who worked for the firm before they took the bar in February, nevermind that they won't be licensed until June, apparently they'll be starting soon-as actually being licensed to practice law apparently is not a necessary credential at my firm.

The Semi-Bad News:

Being that [Hours] will now have 2 associates he's informed me there will be less work available for me but he wasn't sure how much but he wants me to stay on. He's acting like it's a bad thing that I'd only have to work 20 hours a week while I'm in school, but then again he's a work-a-holic. His solution to the huge dilemma of me only working 20 hours a week during school was to offer me continued work with him and work with another partner, who we shall call [More].

Normally I'd be freaking out, but [More] is one of the coolest, most laid back guys I've ever met. Plus he has 2 associates who have been there for over 5 years (this in comparison to [Hours] who has been through roughly 9 associates in 5 years). The added bonus being that I have a huge crush on [More], however, clearly that has some negative implications for the longrun.

So, for the time being, it's looking like I'll continue to work "part time" ie-40 hours a week and go to school full time. Not like I really enjoyed sleep that much anyway.

The Irrelevant News:

I've updated my sidebar and now there is a pull down menu (since the links had gotten completely unmanageable) and a search box. Don't act like you're not impressed.

No comments: