Thursday, March 2, 2006

Revelation

Wasting time before class I just realized that I'm fully prepared to deal with the "good cop/bad cop" situation that is about to occur with [Hours] and [More]. I'm going to play them like I did my parents when I was growing up.

Most kids who have the luxury of parents who they can play against each other come from broken homes. I just came from a home in which my parents are "staying together for the kids" (we're 18 and 22 guys-you can give up now) and "sleep in seperate beds." Needless to say they have different ideas about a lot of things, including parenting. My mom basically let us do whatever we wanted and my dad didn't want us doing anything, well, anything fun. The general rule was tell mom what you were really doing and she'd cover for you with dad.

I know you're wondering, "Elle, how will you ever pull this off at the Firm?" Elementary; [Hours] will become my de-facto father and [More] will become my de-facto mother (the idea of this is rather funny since [Hours] shorter then I am when I wear heels and [More] is about 6'7''), anyway, for example: I want to take some time off (5-6 days) over spring break this month to go to Colorado. [Hours] would have allowed it, but he would have been in a pissy mood. Now I'll just as [More], he'll say yes, and [Hours] (much like my dad throughout my youth) will be left in the dark. I can just see him now wandering around the office asking "Where's [Elle]?" and eventually he'll ask [More] who will have to be the one to tell him I'm on vacation. Sheer Brilliance.

If my plan fails I'll just have to hope Moral Turpitude will hire me. I'm short, I can put a mini-desk under your giant desk in order to save space in your new office. I'll leave the illustration up to MT of that one.

No comments: