Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lucky Me!

It should come as a surprise to no one that my splendid vacation has turned into me laying in bed all day for the last 3 days with a fever, sore throat, earache1, and muscle aches. I've commandeered my friends laptop and I am now able to entertain myself with free wireless internet, since really, there is only so much tolerance I have for:

  1. Calling doctors-all of whom refuse to see me (even though my insurance provider says I can go to any PPO provider out of state)...a lot of good that is doing me if no doctor will see me since I'm not an instate resident. Whatever, tylenol cold and flu is basically a prescription.
  2. Law and Order
  3. Judge Judy
  4. Sleep-16 hours a day is roughly my max even while taking "non-drowsy" (read: doesn't put you in a coma for 8 hours) medications.
  5. Staring out the window at the Rocky Mountains
Anyway, now that I've gotten through the prohibitively long introduction I can get to the point. This Barely Legal post cracked me up, being that my law school has a "Snack Bar" which we have lovingly nicknamed "The Max" (1L year we all met down there for lunch) because of the bright red, purple, and teal tables and chairs accented with black fabric which has laser beams in the previously mentioned colors; with neon accent lighting thrown in, just in case the decor wasn't '80's enough to begin with.

1Anyone ever flown with ear problems? How'd it work out?

No comments: