Wednesday, March 1, 2006

"Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed."

I just tried to buy a new black purse since the trusty Prada one is starting to look a little beat up. I didn't want to spend a fortune, so I decided I'd go to Marshall Field's and try to find a reasonably priced simple black medium sized purse.

What I saw was without a doubt the worst assault to my senses since, well, evidence class on Monday. First off, who wants to carry a bag with "Hobo" in the description. And second, (and even worse) practically every bag was either trimmed with or made of solid gold leather and then accented with metal disks that looked like they'd been put on by a Be-Dazzler.

It is looking as if my best option is going to be going to the Coach store and getting a simple black bag, which will cost way more then what I wanted to spend, but at least it won't hurt my eyes and be out of style next year.

No comments: