Sunday, April 2, 2006

Law Students: Risking Life and Limb to Study since 1873.

As his last act as Supreme Ruler Law Student on a Power Trip our "Student Council" President is attempting to extend library hours during finals. While I completely support enabling my classmates pre-exam sleep deprivation I was slightly confused when I read the e-mail being that the library currently closes at 11 p.m. and the parking structure locks at midnight (as I've learned from staying at the local watering hole too late with friends).

I couldn't help but e-mail him back and ask if the garage hours would be extended as well, and if not, where the law students would be parking-being that while my law school is located in a
fairly safe area, it's still located in the city once known as "The Murder Capitol of World."

It came as little shock to me that not only had he not considered the parking issue but when I brought it up he was rather glib about it and told me we could park on the street (the closest free street parking is 4 long poorly lit blocks away). Sheer. Fucking. Genius.

I e-mailed him back suggesting they keep the library open 24 hours a day, to ensure my fellow students would be sleep deprived, and also insane since they would reach their breaking points most likely somewhere around 4 a.m., but their cars would be locked in the garage until 7 a.m. thereby forcing them to sleep in the law school. If my evil plan is accepted it might be the single most ingenious thing I've done in law school yet.

No comments: