Monday, May 15, 2006

Isn't she...Pretty In Pink?

A month or so ago I was stood up for the first time. I didn't write about it at the time for whatever reason, but lucky for you, I am now.

I was fixed up by an Associate with one of his friends, we talked on the phone a few times, everything thing seemed to be going well.

While being stood up has always been something I (and most other girls) dread, it wasn't that bad in reality. In fact it kinda proved that guys no longer have the negative effect on me they once had.

He didn't call in the afternoon so I had a sneaking suspicion he wasn't showing up. As such I kept studying and didn't waste time with trivial things like "straightening my hair" or "putting on makeup." It's rather hard to get ready when you have this gut feeling if you do you're going to be one step closer to some poor high school girl standing in my prom dress with an up-do and full makeup waiting for her date, as such I decided I'd wait to get ready until he called. A decision I wasn't as thankful for when my friend called to see how the date was going and when he found out it had not happened forced me to go hang out with him.

Anyway, I digress. What did I do when I was 99% sure he wasn't showing up since he hadn't called by 6:30 p.m.? I put on Pretty In Pink so that when the line:

Listen, it's after 7:00. Don't waste good lip gloss.
Played it would be after 7:00 p.m., is it any wonder he didn't show given behavior such as this? I think not.

No comments: