Sunday, June 18, 2006

Shortie

As part of my treatment for the below stated injury I have to be in a leg immobilizer. I'm no stranger to them after 2 significant knee injuries, and as such when they brought it into the room I protested:

"I understand I have to wear a brace, but that is designed to go from mid-thigh to mid-calf on most adults, on me it will go from crotch to ankle, I can't wear that with slacks-which I have to wear to work."
What was the solution? Bringing me a shorter brace-sheer genius really. However, it wasn't until I just took it off and looked at the tag on it that I realized where it came from, the peds department. And to make it that much funnier, in order for it to fit on me since 1-I'm not a kid, 2-my knee is so swollen; I definitely got a large. Otherwise known as a fat kid brace.

No comments: