Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Help!

Being that my little brother (the baby) not only graduated high school this year but is also going across the country for school my mom has gone majorly into "nesting" mode. In other words, you can't spell "smother" without "mother." With my brothers grad party coming up not only have I been getting phone calls daily hourly regarding her changes in the menu but also tasks assigned to me. The most recent task is creating a playlist with roughly 6 hours of music to be played during the party. The catch is she wants "California themed music" since that's where my brother is going to school (graduation themed music will also suffice). Obvious choices are:

  1. Anything by the Beach Boys
  2. Californication and Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Hotel California by The Eagles
  4. Going Back to Cali by Biggie Smalls
  5. California Love by 2Pac and Dr. Dre
  6. California by Phantom Planet
  7. Going to California by Led Zeppelin
  8. Beverly Hills by Weezer
  9. LA Woman by The Doors
  10. 4/29/1992 by Sublime
  11. Santa Monica by Everclear
  12. Malibu by Hole
  13. Graduate by Third Eye Blind
  14. Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
  15. I'm Eighteen by Alice Cooper

So this is where I need help, since clearly 15 songs isn't going to cut it. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Also, suggestions for "hip" music would be helpful since my music taste tends to lean towards the '70's would be appreciated as well. Drop me an e-mail at legallyblondeblog@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance!

No comments: