Saturday, July 1, 2006

"It's 3 a.m. I must be lonely."

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a total insomniac. Or that when I was able to sleep I'd do it on a normal schedule instead of 4-5 hours a night, 20 minutes in my office after lunch (after which I spend another 10 minutes or so debating if I can bill a file for that time), and 30 minutes or so when I get home.

But at least Netflix has my back and sends me e-mails to question when my DVD's arrived so I can feel like somebody cares at 3:00 a.m. and so I can have something to do once I finish catching up on my blog reading. Good old Netflix, always thinking about me.

While we're on the subject of things replacing "companionship" with "the opposite sex" I thought I'd also take this time to point out that I've ended the last serious relationship I've had in awhile. While he was amazing, always came when I called, always on time, always did what I asked, I had to break it off with the copy shop guy. As much as I appreciated him coming to my desk to pick up any copying I needed done and delivering it back within 24 hours he also always brought me a box of candy. Which at the time allowed the feeling that we were in a fake, immensely happy relationship to foster even more. However, I went on a diet, so I had to break it off. I hope he isn't too hurt that I've abruptly stopped calling. I also haven't worked out how I'm going to appease [Hours] without chocolate on hand at all times.

No comments: