Saturday, August 5, 2006

The 10% You Don't Want To Be In.

Like all good little test takers I got to the MPRE ahead of schedule, scouted out my room and proceed to wait until the powers that be were ready to check us in. Luckily I had a friend there to gossip with so all was well.

The check in lady from my room announced they were ready to check people in, so we formed a line, readied our IDs and admission tickets and waited some more. When it was my turn I handed her my paperwork and looked down, immediately noticing I should have been at the top of the list, but I wasn't.

MPRE Lady: It's [Woods] right?

Me: Yup.

MPRE Lady: You haven't gotten married or changed your name since you registered?

Me: (Looks at left hand) Nope. No marriage. No Witness Protection Program.

MPRE Lady: Please step aside.
So the "head" administrator was contacted, and eventually came to see me.

Head MPRE Guy: [Elle Woods]?

Me: Yes.

Head MPRE Guy: You're going to need to come with me Ms. Woods.

Me: Alright.

(At this point I'm just hoping they tell me I'm not allowed to take it since I'm so annoyed I want no part of a 2 hour test).

Head MPRE Guy: You're were in the wrong room.

Me: Umm, no, I wasn't.

Head MPRE Guy: Yes you were, you're registered with your last name as [Elle].

Me: Ohh.

(Immediately I realize this is most likely a "user error" as I regularly do stupid things like this when it comes to data entry).

Head MPRE Guy: At least once per test the system screws it up somehow.

Me: Ohh, I'm sure it was me, you don't have to pretend, I'm not going to freak out and do badly as a result of something like that.

Head MPRE: (Blank Look).

Me: You don't have to lead me over to the other room, surprisingly, I can read the signs.

A little over 10% of people fail to get the required score by my state. There were 20 people in my room. According to this post, I'm screwed.

2 comments:

Susie Law School said...

So how did the actual exam go? When will you find out results?

Elle Woods said...

Who knows, 5 weeks.