Sunday, August 6, 2006

Soaked.

Most of the summer I've managed to keep weekends to "my time." As such they are generally spent out on the lake with friends. Yesterday was no different, except for the fact that it was "my turn" to help dock the boat, which I have never had to do before, and to be honest I rarely even pay attention to the entire procedure since I'm usually cleaning the boat up like any good woman who knows her role.

So there I am, standing on the front of the boat, waiting to make my way to the dock confident in my abilities. Until I step off the boat and it rapidly begins drifting from the dock. Resulting in one of those cartoon-esk situations where I'm beginning to do the splits and I'm not sure which side I should go for. Needless to say, I ended up in the water, fully clothed, pink razr in my pocket.

UPDATE: My excessively expensive blowdryer is magic and has fixed my phone. Just a couple water bubbles under the screen are left, but it gives it character.

No comments: