Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I'm Perfectly Calm, Man"

There is no discernible reason for me to be up this early, outside of the fact that I needed to drink my coffee 2 hours before I the exam so I wouldn't have to get up to pee. I seriously went to Starbucks last night, bought my Iced-Quad-Venti-Non-Fat-Latte without ice, and put it in the fridge so I could drink it as soon as I got up.

When I started this whole process I figured I would be a total freak the day(s) of the exam. When I was in college I had panic attacks regularly my senior year and I was waiting for them to start again to an extent and then I realized, back then the issue was that I was not able to control my own life, I've been fine since the bar exam is all about control and structure. I follow the same routine on a daily basis, I keep track of everything I've done so I know what I need to do more of, and I have been able to plan everything out-right down to when to drink my coffee so peeing isn't an issue.

Now, if I could only figure out if I am allowed to take cigarettes and a lighter inside so I don't have to go all the way back to my car for my nicotine fix I'd be just fine.

2 comments:

some guy said...

So did you bring in your smokes? After lunch I saw a woman stashing her smokes and lighter in one of the fake potted plants in the lobby of the convention center. She'd been busted by the security guard going through the metal detector.

Elle Woods said...

Yeah I took them in.