Monday, August 29, 2005

"Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels."

In honor of classes beginning tomorrow for me I've decided to play a little game and make a Pros/Cons list about starting my 2nd year.

Here we go:

  1. I have reading for the first day in all my class. CON!
  2. I've been reading since last Friday and I haven't made a dent in my reading for tomorrow. CON!
  3. I got all my books for this term and it only cost me $120 total (thank you "Person who didn't put a price in the book they were selling back so Legally Blonde got to name her price", my friend who gave me his family law books, and my general attitude towards school that leads me to believe using the previous edition of my con law book-from con law 1-is suitable, the amount I had to spend on the one I bought from amazon was a little high though. All and all-PRO!
  4. One of my books hasn't arrived yet-probably my fault since I ordered it this weekend from amazon. I guess this one is a draw-it means less reading now, but more reading later-plus it kinda is my fault.
  5. I didn't have to go to school today like most people since I only have class Tuesday/Thursday. PRO!
  6. I have 7 hours of class tomorrow. CON!
  7. At least I'm not starting my 1L year. PRO!
  8. My class with "The King" is in a small room-I'm not sure I can handle him in an enclosed space like that. CON!
  9. My Other 3 classes are in lecture halls-Hello sitting in the back, playing computer games, taking naps, getting up and leaving whenever I feel like it. PRO!
  10. I haven't received my loan refund check yet or applied for alternative loans. CON!
  11. I get to see "The Real Don Steel," and I get my sunglasses back from Don that were lost in the Drunken Concert Incident. PRO!
  12. Get the Asshole's hoddie back from a different law student so I can finally give it back to him and get my friggin Nalgene bottle back from him that he's been holding hostage since May (It really says a lot that he doesn't trust me enough to give it back to him when I get it and feels the need to hold my $10 water bottle hostage for a Narthface Hoddie). This is kinda a wash since I stole my brother's Nalgene to replace mine. Granted I'll be getting my pretty pink one back, and my brother will stop nagging me-but I have to see the Asshole.
  13. I get to see a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile. PRO! (Most likely)
  14. I think I have lunch plans tomorrow. PRO!
  15. My Con Law 2 Prof assigned Marbury v. Madison and acknowledged that we'd already read it in Con Law 1. Might seem like a pro but I think that case is annoying and kinda pointless (all that over a piece of paper)-CON!
  16. Everyone will most likely go out for dinner/drinks on our dinner break. Now that I'm trying to be on the wagon and haven't smoked a cigarette or drank in over a week it's kinda a test-which means-CON!
  17. At the end of the week there's a Welcome Back Party. See #16-CON!
  18. I don't have to work my summer job anymore, which also means I probably won't be called a "Stupid White B*tch" again anytime soon. PRO!

Ok, lets tally:

Undecided: 2

Pros: 8

Cons: 8

Surprise ending with the Pro's almost pulling off an upset...I was kinda shocked I could find that many good things about going back to school...Don't worry, check back in a week or so and I'll be throughly annoyed with school.

"Hey, Janice... great talk."

No comments: